When we collect your data
How we use your information
We use your data to:
- Respond to inquiries
- Provide and administer the products and services you have requested
- Keep you up to date with USA Digital and industry news
- Tell you about USA Digital services and special offers
- Monitor online traffic patterns and site usage to help us continually improve our website
We may also collect some Personal Information automatically to perform a contract with you, where we have legal obligations to do so, or where our legitimate interests permit such collection. This is described below in “Passive Data Collection” and “Active Data Collection.”
Passive Data CollectionAnalytics Tools
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies to collect information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you interact with or use USA Digital Sites and/or Services. These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, and other similar information (referred to as “Collected Data”).The third parties that provide these analytics tools may also use the Collected Data with other information they have independently gathered from other websites and/or other online or mobile products and services you have used or interacted with, pursuant to their own policies or privacy notices. In addition to our use of technologies as described herein, we may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising we think may be of interest to you based on your use of our sites and/or services and to otherwise collect and use data about your use of our sites and/or services.Cookies
We may use a variety of methods, including “cookies” to collect information.What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. The contents of these cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device and save information between website pages or on-line sessions. You can find more information about cookies here
.Cookies do lots of different jobs, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.The cookies used on our sites and/or services are described below:
- Optional Cookies
- Targeting CookiesThese cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other sites. They do not directly store Personal Information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Always ActiveThese cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, or logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will become disabled. These cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Performance Cookies These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our websites and social media sites. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around these sites. If you do not allow these cookies, we may not know when you have visited our site, and we are not able to monitor the sites’ performance.
Third-Party Advertising Technologies
We may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor the advertising we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our sites and/or services (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). We do not sell your information to third parties. These companies may deliver ads that might place cookies and otherwise track user behavior. These companies may use information about user behavior in order to provide customized advertisements across various services and products.In the course of providing these services, products, or placing advertisements, these third-party companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer and may record information to these cookies based upon your activities on any of our sites and/or services and on third-party websites. Each of these companies uses this cookie information according to their own privacy and security policies. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out as indicated in this policy. Please note this does not opt you out of being delivered advertising; you will continue to receive generic ads.Opting Out of Cookies
By using the sites and/or services, you consent to the placement of the cookies referenced above. You can, however, set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You may also change your cookie settings through preference options in our sites and/or services, where applicable. We will indicate that upon selecting your preferences, we will use a cookie to remember your preferences.
Active Data Collection
USA Digital may share your personal data with third party suppliers for administration purposes. Data is supplied securely and written agreements exist with these parties to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with our data protection policy.In some instances, USA Digital uses third-party hosting sites to collect and process your personal data. These third-party suppliers guarantee the security of your data via their privacy policies and corporate terms.USA Digital has the right to share your personal data if legally required to do so by a governmental entity or regulatory authority.
USA Digital is committed to protecting personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. USA Digital takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of personally identifiable information.USA Digital applications may access your local device contact data to send and receive SMS or MMS messages and to make phone calls as part of the products and services you have requested. Data obtained from your local device contact list is never stored or retained by USA Digital and is solely used for purposes initiated by you on the applications you have requested.
USA Digital conforms to the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Principles through self-assessment. We make every effort to ensure privacy and encourage you to contact us at any time if you feel we are not in compliance with the Safe Harbor Principles. In the event we are unable to resolve an issue regarding our compliance, we will contact the appropriate Data Protection Authorities to expeditiously resolve the complaint.
Other Important Information
to learn more or if you have any questions.